The mission of the Tennessee Automotive Association (TAA) is to protect, promote and advance the welfare of our members: retail car and truck dealers, valued associate and finance members and all of our members’ customers. By helping our members speak with one voice, we enhance the effectiveness and success of each.
- 3,531 independent dealers.
- 13,080 licensed salespeople.
- This represents more than 5% of the total retail workforce in Tennessee.
- This 5% earn approximately 10% of the total retail wages paid in Tennessee.
- Sales of motor vehicles are the largest single source of Tennessee sales tax revenues (approx. 12% of the total).
- Average sales per franchised dealer in Tennessee = $29.4 million.
- Average annual payroll per franchised dealership = $2.46 million.
- Tennessee dealers generate hundreds of millions of dollars of tax revenue for state and local governments through sales & use taxes, F&E taxes, and Tennessee Business Taxes.
- Tennessee dealers also generate tremendous economic stimulus through their purchases of advertising, goods and services, etc.
- Tennessee businesses pay approximately 40% of total sales tax collected.
- Bottom line . . . Tennessee’s economy depends upon our ability to sell cars and trucks in the regional marketplace.
Check your vehicle’s VIN for any recalls
that have not been completed by clicking HERE!
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!